-Caveat Lector- http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=21210 WorldNetDaily THURSDAY, JANUARY 4, 2001 Foster cases to be heard in federal courts 3 separate suits contest official version of White House counsel's death "The conspiracy to intimidate Patrick is part of a larger conspiracy to cover up the true facts surrounding Mr. Foster�s case." -- John Clarke, an attorney representing Accuracy in Media, and Patrick Knowlton By Jon Dougherty � 2001 WorldNetDaily.com Three separate cases involving the 1993 death of deputy White House counsel Vincent Foster, Jr. are scheduled to be heard in federal courts in January, officials involved with the cases say, including one that may be heard by the U.S. Supreme Court. According to John Clarke, an attorney representing Accuracy in Media and Patrick Knowlton, a grand jury witness for former Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr, the U.S. Supreme Court may decide by Jan. 8 on whether to accept a civil rights suit filed by Knowlton in 1996 against FBI agents and others �for witness intimidation.� Clarke said the intimidation allegedly began on or around Oct. 26, 1995 � the same day that �the FBI delivered a subpoena to Knowlton to testify� about what he saw the day Foster�s body was found in Ft. Marcy Park near Washington, D.C., on July 20, 1993 � just five months after President Bill Clinton was sworn into office for his first term. Foster had served as a deputy White House counsel and was a close, lifelong friend of the president and first lady Hillary Clinton. �The conspiracy to intimidate Patrick is part of a larger conspiracy to cover up the true facts surrounding Mr. Foster�s case,� Clarke said. Meanwhile, attorney Allan J. Favish, Clarke said, expects to hear a ruling from U.S. District Court Judge William Keller in Los Angeles by Jan. 10 on Favish�s 1997 lawsuit. That action against the Office of Independent Counsel concerns its refusal to honor a Freedom of Information Act request for original crime-scene Polaroid photos of Foster taken after authorities discovered his body and began their investigation. The OIC�s office, now led by Robert Ray, may have to make some or all of those photographs public if Keller rules in favor of Favish. Either way, said Clark, after Keller�s ruling Favish will seek Keller�s permission to take the sworn testimony of Asst. U.S. Attorney Miquel Rodriguez and his former assistant � both of whom resigned from Starr�s office in 1995 for �reasons that they have not publicly stated.� During an Oct. 13, 2000, hearing before Keller, Favish argued there were �allegations of illegal tampering with one or more of these subject photographs.� According to Clarke, Keller said he was �favorably inclined to issue an order to the effect that the two depositions will be taken� � a statement Favish characterized as �significant.� Favish argued his case before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit July 12 of last year. Then, he submitted nearly 200 pages of FBI and Park Police documents that supported his claim of �compelling evidence of a cover-up.� The appeals court wrote that �Favish, in fact, tenders evidence and argument which, if believed, would justify his doubts� that the federal government�s official conclusion that Foster killed himself is false. A third case, filed in U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C., also involves a FOIA case against the OIC�s office � this one filed by Accuracy in Media. The media watchdog group is attempting to gain access to Foster investigation records, Clarke said, noting that this suit was filed in December 1999. The AIM suit also alleges �compelling evidence� of illegality in the OIC�s probe. Last April, the watchdog group filed 630 pages of exhibits and focuses on questions raised largely by Hugh Turley, who Clarke characterized as �the leading expert on the federal investigative record in the case.� U.S. District Judge Ellen Segal Huvelle, recently appointed to the federal bench, will hear AIM�s case, Clarke said. He added that he is asking her to hold a hearing on the �issue of a cover-up.� Both FOIA suits seek documents generated during the 1993 death probe from the office of independent counsel, Clarke said. Ironically, Clarke said, the OIC told the Los Angeles court that it would produce the requested photographs, but �in the Washington, D.C., case, counsel from the OIC told that court that his office did not have 1993 documents sought by AIM.� Largely at issue in the Accuracy in Media case is the release of �thousands of pages of secret documents, including those cited in Starr�s OIC� report issued in 1997, essentially backing up the federal government�s original finding that Foster shot himself with a handgun and was not murdered, as some have suggested. On Sept. 14, 1999, a three-judge federal panel unsealed a 511-page report submitted in June of that year, which -- in the view of its authors -- presents incontrovertible evidence of conspiracy and cover-up by the Justice Department and the office of independent counsel in connection with their investigations into Foster's death. The Knowlton report also �counters the official conclusion that Foster �committed suicide by gunshot in Fort Marcy Park on July 20, 1993.�� Related stories: Foster death report sees professional �hit� Foster witness amends lawsuit Foster�s death: The questions linger Altered evidence in Foster death? Jon Dougherty is a staff reporter for WorldNetDaily.com. � 2001 WorldNetDaily.com, Inc. ================================================================= Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, YHVH, TZEVAOT FROM THE DESK OF: *Michael Spitzer* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The Best Way To Destroy Enemies Is To Change Them To Friends ================================================================= <A HREF="http://www.ctrl.org/">www.ctrl.org</A> DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance�not soap-boxing�please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'�with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds�is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply. Let us please be civil and as always, Caveat Lector. ======================================================================== Archives Available at: http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/ctrl.html <A HREF="http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/ctrl.html">Archives of [EMAIL PROTECTED]</A> http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/ <A HREF="http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/">ctrl</A> ======================================================================== To subscribe to Conspiracy Theory Research List[CTRL] send email: SUBSCRIBE CTRL [to:] [EMAIL PROTECTED] To UNsubscribe to Conspiracy Theory Research List[CTRL] send email: SIGNOFF CTRL [to:] [EMAIL PROTECTED] Om
