From: "Vera Harper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 31 December 2000 20:51
Subject: Re: [CTRL] Christians and Conspiracy Theory

> -Caveat Lector-
>
>  c, I don't see how anyone could be offended by this article. It is no
secret that there are many nutcases out there that believe that there is a
conspiracy about everything out there, no matter how ludicrous. A man kills
10 people and immediately he is a product of mind-control. If every single
crime committed on the face of the earth can be attributed to conspiracy
theory, how can it ever be taken seriously? Some make it a joke by
irrational suspicions. Many of these, wearing their tin-foil hats, are
uneducated. That was the point of labelling people in that article. Not that
bus-drivers and clerks can't see what's going on, but that these types of
uneducated people tend to unfairly blame natural or terrible events on a
conspiracy.

> "C" writes:jessie- i think you are missing the point kris and aliesha were
making about
> the TONE of the article you posted the link for. it is very condescending
> toward conspiracy theory- it seems to indicate that people interested in
> conspiracy theory are not qualified to be interested in it and they should
> leave these big issues to more qualified people.
> the problem with that is- that the people in positions of power- are
exactly
> the people who are suspected of being part of the conspiracy.
>
> some simple things you have to understand- you cannot always see the
effect
> someone's beliefs have on them- just because you do not see kris's beliefs
> worn on his sleeve- doesn't mean to say he isn't motivated by them.
>

>  From CBNnow web-based E-mail, part of the growing CBNnow web presence.
CBNnow, your source for news, information, and inspiration in the new
millenium.