-Caveat Lector-

http://www.msnbc.com/news/MSNBCCABLE_Front.asp
http://www.msnbc.com/news/512352.asp

MSNBC SURVEY:

Would you accept a DWI arrest or take off your clothes?

A New York City officer has been accused by three women of
ordering them to take off their clothes or face an arrest for
DWI. Which would you have done - accepted a DWI arrest, or taken
off your clothes? Vote now and tell us what you think...

  Which would you have done - accepted a DWI arrest, or taken off
your clothes?

   I would accept a DWI arrest
   I would strip

Vote to see results !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  Which would you have done - accepted a DWI arrest, or taken off
your clothes?

 I would accept a DWI arrest
 45%

 I would strip
 55%

######################

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/duipunishment010105.html
ABCNEWS.com

Third Woman Speaks Out

A Third Woman Has Similar Story of Cop Who Allegedly Forced Women
to Strip

N E W Y O R K, Jan. 5 — A third woman came forward today to say a
Suffolk County police officer, who allegedly made women strip,
also suggested she undress in exchange for letting her go without
a citation.

    Tracy Deon, a 34-year-old waitress from Rocky Point, N.Y.,
said she ran into Officer Frank Wright in September after she had
a fight with her husband. She had gone to a bar had a few drinks
and pulled off the highway in Montauk where she fell asleep.
     Deon said Wright didn’t order her to strip, but “he made me
feel that if I gave him what I wanted, he would let me go.”
     “He cocked his head to the right, implying that I should
pull up my blouse,” said Deon. “I pulled up my blouse and he kept
looking. I then pulled up my bra and he flashed the flashlight on
me.”
     Earlier this week, Juliana Rubio, 19, and 27-year-old
Angelina Torres, said Wright forced them to undress as a
punishment for failing drunken driving tests.
     Suffolk County Police Commissioner John Gallagher said that
Wright, a 12-year veteran, has admitted telling one of the women
that “he made men take their clothes off and walk home naked for
drunk driving but that he never suggested that she do it.”
     Despite the comment, Gallagher said, the officer denied
actually making men or women take their clothes off in the past.
     Wright was suspended without pay today as an investigation
into the three cases continues.
     “We make a pledge to keep people safe in their homes and on
the streets,” Gallagher said. “If these charges turn out to be
true, it will be the ultimate violation of that oath.” Civil
Rights Violations Investigated Attorney Gary Gramer, who
represents Rubio and Torres, the first woman to come forward,
said the FBI is looking into possible civil rights violations.
Torres and Rubio are Hispanic and Deon is an American Indian.
     The two women are also planning to sue Suffolk County for
$15 million each.
     Rubio, who could barely compose herself during a news
conference today, said, she was driving with her friends on Dec.
27 when she was pulled over by an officer fitting Wright’s
description. She said he told her friends she was being arrested
for driving while intoxicated, handcuffed her, put her in the
back of the police cruiser, and drove to an empty parking lot.
     “I was alone. I was so scared. He asked me if I would learn
a lesson with no clothes on and freezing. I’m crying and I’m
scared,” she said. “He kept asking me if I thought I’d learn my
lesson if I stood outside with no clothes on.”
     Naked and standing outside in nothing but her socks, she
said, “I didn’t know what to do. I was terrified. He stood there
laughing at me, asking me if I was cold, asking me if I was
embarrassed. He kept asking me if I learned my lesson. It was
windy and cold and he kept the flashlight on me.”
     “The investigations are still going on and they are
following the regular course,” said Lt. William Rohrer, spokesman
for the Suffolk County Police Department.

‘The Most Humiliating Experience’

Rubio came forward with her allegation a day after Torres said
Wright forced her to walk home several blocks in her underwear in
below-freezing temperatures after she failed a Breathalyzer test
on New Year’s Eve.
     After failing the test she alleges the officer ordered her
into his police cruiser and drove her to a parking lot about 5
miles away.
     “He said, ‘This is where I let the guys walk home buck
naked,’” Torres said. When she told him where she lived, he drove
her within five blocks of her house and told her to take her
clothes off, Torres alleges.
     “When I said, ‘No,’ he said, ‘You can go to jail or sit
here,’” she said.
     Torres then took off her evening gown and started to walk
home in the snow wearing only underwear and shoes, she said. When
she got home, she called 911.
     “It was the most humiliating experience of my life,” Torres
said. “I was scared. I was freezing cold.”
     Gallagher said the allegations appear to involve one
officer, but he would encourage anyone with similar allegations
to come forward.
     “I want them to take away his badge so he can’t do this to
anyone else,” Torres said in an interview Thursday. “He wanted to
teach me a lesson? I hope he learns his lesson.”
     Gramer said the bulk of the lawsuit was for punitive damages
“to punish the county for not running proper psychological
profiles, for not properly investigating.”

ABCNEWS.com’s Maria F. Durand,ABC Affiliate WABC and The
Associated Press contributed to this report.

######################

Long Island Officer Accused of Forcing Women to Strip

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Police on Long Island said on Friday they
were investigating charges by at least two women who said they
were forced by a police officer to remove their clothes under
threat of arrest for drunken driving. The officer, Frank Wright,
a former New York City officer and veteran of the Suffolk County
police, has been suspended without pay, Suffolk police officials
said. At a news conference in Yaphank, on Long Island, Suffolk
County Police Commissioner John Gallagher said charges against
Wright, who was initially put on desk duty before an internal
investigation led to his suspension, had been drawn up and that
the department was preparing for a grand jury investigation.
Wright denied the charges.

Each woman filed a $15 million lawsuit against the county
charging that a highway patrol officer, identified as Wright,
pulled them over, gave them sobriety tests, drove them to another
location and told them to remove their clothes outside of the
squad car, purportedly to teach them a lesson about drunken
driving. The alleged incidents occurred on Dec. 27 and Jan. 1,
police said. One woman said she had to walk about half a mile to
her home wearing nothing but panties. Officials said Wright
admitted the woman removed her clothes but denied forcing her to
do so. In the second case the woman said Wright told her to stand
outside with no clothes on, which she said she did fearing he was
going to rape her. As she stood for about 10 minutes crying and
wearing only socks, the officers shined his flashlight on her and
laughed, she said, before returning her to her car and
instructing her to remain there and sleep.

On Friday a third woman came forward after hearing media reports
of the first two cases and told of having been subjected to a
similar interrogation, although she was released by the officer
after removing only her top. The woman said she did not get a
good look at the officer, but police believe it is connected to
the other two given the similarity of the circumstances.
Gallagher appealed to the woman to come to the police to file a
formal complaint, saying "you will be treated with dignity, with
respect and you will be treated fairly." He said the department
would do whatever was necessary, including forming a task force
"to meet as many complaints as we get," and said that anonymous
complaints were also being investigated.

###

             Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, YHVH, TZEVAOT

  FROM THE DESK OF:
                     *Michael Spitzer*  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>