So my family always had an interest in diamonds and gems, in particular
the Hope Diamond - the cursed diamond of all time.

Now as I pointed out to snoOwl, on Larry King's show, Elizabeth Taylor
wore this huge diamond.....

During this show Larry King suddenly l grabbed her hand and said "where
did you get this ting" and he pulled and tugged at her hand  and would
not let go - Ms. Elizabeth Rosmond Taylor,  aka 7 or so more names -
tried to pull her hand away he he hung on to her hand in a not too
gentle manner.

She was drunk or spaced out on drugs; suddenlty she said "Richard bought
it for me"......and he had bought it from KRUPP.....he diamond looked as
cheap as she did no doubt because so much gauze and goop was put on the
lenses to knock off layers of wrinkles.....a usual procedure which takes
considerable time.

So Richard bought it from Krupp.....but then she said in a loud voice
like what revenge a little jewish girl like her had that
diamond........and King said hey, Liz you are a convert jew aren't you?

He was as disgusted with her as I hope those who watched her performance
must have been.

The diamond ring had belonged to Krupp and now she calls it the Taylor
Burton Diamond?  Now who's diamond was this Liz......part of the stolen
loot from WWII ....... Sotheby's now and then puts out a lot of things
that were stolen in WWII........even little Madeline Albrights family
stole treasures like thieves in the night as they fled to safety
....some were not so lucky.

So as I said, all Liz needed was an apple in her mouth and a ring
through her snout......

So read the story here about this ring that Richard bought her - she
claims she bought it from Krupp?   Is this someone's stolen treasure fro
WWII......

Saba

Sotheby's Connoisseur  Collecting Guides  Jewelry  Introduction

ven the earliest prehistoric peoples believed in the adornment of the
body; and later civilizations - the world over - have considered jewelry
an integral part of their lives. Whether a gem-encrusted crown to convey
power, an amulet for protection and comfort, or a simple pair of
earrings to set off the color of your eyes

- the language of jewelry is universal.
Archaeological sites found in the Middle East suggest that there were
jewelry-making centers in Persia as early as the 8th and 9th centuries
BC. The Incas believed that the wearing of gold and jade passed mystical
qualities of the precious materials onto the wearer. Queen Mary I (also
known as "Bloody Mary") was so convinced that gold and silver were able
to cure people of their ills that she ordered a large gold bust of St.
George melted down to fashion rings for her "grouty" (morose) subjects.

An archaeological-revival gold and enamel-fringe necklace,
last quarter 19th century.Made of rare or precious materials (which vary
widely from place to place and period to period), jewelry has been
perceived by all civilizations not only as a form of ornament for the
body but also as a means to display wealth, status and power.

The Crown Jewels of England - featuring the famed Koh-I-Noor diamond
from India and the massive Star of Africa and Lesser Star diamonds from
South Africa - clearly speak to the global dominance that the British
Empire exerted during the colonial period.

A sapphire and diamond ring, 21.56 carats.

A ruby and diamond flower brooch, Aletto Bros.
Equally longstanding is the tradition of giving and wearing jewels to
express sentiments of love, affection, and devotion.

NOW READ THIS GARBAGE ABOUT THIS FAT PIG WHO IS SO LOVED - I SAY, ABOUT
8 HUSBANDS OR SO AND THE LAST WAS A POOR TRUCK DRIVER - HE PROBABLY
NEEDED A TRUCK TO HAUL THAT OLD SOT ABOUT....SABA

*********Measured by carat-weight, no one is more loved and admired than
Elizabeth Taylor: she received three diamond rings - totaling more than
132 carats - from Mike Todd and Richard Burton.

One of those diamonds is a 69.42-carat, pear-shaped diamond that now
bears her name: the Taylor-Burton diamond. Sold here at Sotheby's in
1969, it was the first diamond to sell for more than one million
dollars.

SO SOTHEBY'S OPERATING A FENCE THESE DAYS TOO.......OR DID BURTON AS LIZ
SAID ON THE AIR BUY THAT RING FROM KRUPP..... nobody else seemed to cath
that one  (Saba's Note"  - today I wonder from whom her diamond was
stolen - was it cut off a dead woman's finger at one time.....gems once
were for Kings and Queens and national treasures.......and this fat pig,
I would venture to say, has a stolen diamond but she still looks like a
prostitute with a hump on her back from too much of the good
things.....bet that diamond is cursed like Hope Diamond .......

*********So where did the really get the diamond - only Sotheby's seems
to know, for sure.

While at one time jewelry was the exclusive realm of monarchy and
nobility, collecting jewels is now within the means of many. It can make
an extravagant statement or be frivolous fun. Pieces can be as serious
as an engagement ring or as blithe as a pair of animal brooches. Either
way, one thing is for certain: the allure of jewelry cannot be resisted.

An Art Deco diamond and emerald pendant-watch,

Gübelin, c. 1930.
Jewelry
Jewels Department
Diamond Color