-Caveat Lector-

[I thought this tad of info might interest some CTRL researchers.
These excerpts are from a thread on another list.  --MS]

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> No one that I've heard of is looking into this pardon:
> Richard Riley, Jr., the son of the out-going US Sec. of
> Education under Clinton, Richard Riley from S. Carolina -is
> on the pardon list.
>
> Why has there been no account in the public on this? I
> believe the son's prison time was for drug trafficking and
> marijuana use/exchange.
>
> Anyone have any info on this pardon?

Full story at:

http://www.mapinc.org/pdxnorml/ii/990304.html

Portland NORML News - Thursday, March 4, 1999

..snip..

R0LLING STONE,
MARCH 4,1999
Page 47

THE POLITICS OF POT: A GOVERNMENT IN DENIAL

[very large snip]

When the son of Richard W. Riley (the former South Carolina
governor who became Clinton's secretary of education) was
indicted in 1992 on federal charges of conspiring to sell cocaine
and marijuana, he faced ten years to life in prison and a fine Of
$4 million. Instead, Richard Riley Jr. received six months of
house arrest.

             Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, YHVH, TZEVAOT

  FROM THE DESK OF:
                     *Michael Spitzer*  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>