----- Original Message -----
From: "byron wahl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [CTRL] PC privacy 7

> > I'd been pinging or attempting to snoop around the NSA HQ address
> > 144.51.101.73 (mil, Fort Meade, MD) when, very soon thereafter, BlackIce
> > Defender reported a suspicious, not-ordinary, probe

> > from Haifa. This turned-out to be 194.90.104.134
> > ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) Haifa, Israel. The site www.netvision.net.il
> > is entirely in Hebrew with no place to click on "English." Doubly cryptikk.

*** If you lookup netvision.net.il there's this under the DNS:

dns.netvision.net.il
nypop.elron.net
relay.huji.ac.il

*** Then a lookup of Elron.net:

Elron Technologies
850 Third Ave
New York, NY 10022
US

Group, WAN
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
NetVision LTD.
Omega Center Advanced Technology Center MATAM
HAIFA, IL 31905
ISRAEL

*** Now a check of Elron Technologies:

Corporation Profile:

Elron Electronic Industries, Ltd.
The Triangle Building, 42nd Floor
3 Azrieli Center
Tel Aviv, NON-US 67023
Israel

Company Description
Elron is a multinational high technology holding company.
Elron participates in the manufacturing of defense electronics, communications,
semiconductors and, increasingly, information technology.

Regional Investment History
Florida  50%
NON-US  50%

Sector Investment History
Telecommunications  100%
Internet  50%

*** And so we see the "Defense" connection. Note also "The Triangle Building" (Pyramid reference?)

*** Now.. a little more digging finds a subsidiary:

Elron Software

Company Overview

Profile
Since 1997, Elron Software has been the leading provider of Internet Policy Management (IPM) solutions, which enable organizations and service providers to maximize the productive use of the Internet and minimize risk. Over 3,500 organizations utilize Elron Software's award-winning family of solutions for web access control, electronic messaging, content filtering, virus protection and network security. With worldwide headquarters in Burlington, Massachusetts, Elron Software has 120 employees and is a private company whose investors include Elron Electronic Industries Ltd. (Nasdaq: ELRNF) and Critical Path (NASDAQ:CP)

Products
The Internet Manager (IM) family of solutions - including IM Web Inspector, IM Message Inspector, IM Anti-Virus and IM Firewall - enables companies to develop, implement and manage comprehensive Internet Usage Policies. The recipient of numerous awards, including PC Magazine's prestigious Editor's Choice Award and Network Computing Editors' Choice Award, as well as IDC's #1 Selling Stand-alone Web Access Solution, the Internet Manager family of solutions empowers organizations of all sizes to:
  • Align Internet usage with business priorities
  • Increase employee productivity
  • Protect confidential information
  • Reduce network congestion
  • Limit legal liability by managing web access, reducing recreational surfing and blocking spam, viruses and junk e-mail
*** Firewall experts among other things huh.

Clients
Join the growing number of organizations who have aligned Internet usage with their business priorities:
20th Century Fox, Wal-Mart, Texaco, Lucent Technologies, Time Warner and many more.

*** Hmm... a LUCENT TECHNOLOGIES connection... how surprising. ;-)

Executive Team

Ray Boelig
President and Chief Executive Officer

Larry Derany
Chief Operating Officer and Vice President of Engineering

Duncan G. Perry
Chief Financial Officer and Vice President of Information Systems

Adam Bosnian
Vice President of Marketing

Michael J. Crismond
Vice President of North American Sales

Mark Uicker
Vice President of Business Development

*** I think there may be some further things of interest here, however this data is a good start.

Bond.