What the hell are they teaching you people ??

You desperately need to read the Constitution and
    some American History before you go off on a
    toot and attempt to write a truthful, factual essay.

Wishing you a better education than the liberal propaganda
    you've been subjected to, and accepted,

        Bill  Ball

->  SNETNEWS  Mailing List

-> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Or send an email To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.
http://www.topica.com/partner/tag01

"THAT HELL" is where I wish John McCain would go along with the jerk who
wrote this article. Ohhh my do I have an attitude or what? LOL

Use the e-mail addy at the bottom to let this jerk know how you feel
about him, and his arrogant attitude. Geeeze it's worse than mine. LOL
That's bad.

NRA, unload your guns

Source: the Indiana Digital Student
Published: 4/04/01 Author: Matt Csanyi
Posted on 04/06/2001 09:48:32 PDT by 2nd amendment mama

The Senate passed Senator John McCain's campaign finance reform
legislation Monday, restricting the amount of money various individuals
and groups would be allowed to donate as "soft money."

This is good news. It is especially good news for those of us who favor
increased gun control. Why? Because one group, the National Rifle
Association, notorious for buying gun-friendly candidate's victories,
will see its dark grip on national politics eased.

That said, now might be the time to refresh everyone's memory as to
exactly what the NRA believes, what it's done in the past and why its
existence is a thorn in the nation's side. And, considering that my
opportunities to belittle the NRA (something I've been wanting to do for
quite some time now) are dwindling like words in Charleton Heston's
vocabulary, I'd say the time is at hand.

I'd like to begin by calling the majority of the NRA's members less than
intelligent. These are the good folks who won't be swayed by any amount
of relevant, statistical proof, so it doesn't matter what I say because
they will all hate me no matter what.

If this is you, stop reading right now. You probably have better things
to do anyway, like filling Bambi full of hot lead or protecting your
trailer from armed intruders.

But be careful -- they might be trying to steal your collection of
NASCAR shot glasses! Or, even worse, they may try to cut a lock from
your beautiful, flowing mullet while you sleep! Better train the kids to
use the sawed-off shotgun!

And then there are the members of the NRA who may not have fully
considered the consequences of their stance on gun control. These are
the individuals with whom I'd like a word. They have been misled by the
propaganda spewed forth by those cap-poppin' good ol' boys down at NRA
headquarters. It's hard not to believe them -- they have the Second
Amendment on their side, right? Wrong.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you your Second Amendment: "A well
regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the
right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Eloquent, huh?

Seems to me the right to bear arms is pretty heavily tied into having a
well regulated militia, no? And, as it turns out, we already have a
well-regulated militia. You might have heard of it -- it's called the
National Guard. It was established in 1903. So, even if some limey Brit
tries to sneak into my backyard and knock me out of my hammock, it's not
my job to pop him. And I don't really want Billy Bob protecting me with
his AK-47 assault rifle he usually uses for squirrel hunting, either.

Use your heads, people. The Second Amendment was written in 1793, when
there was a legitimate fear of a tyrannical national government and
other oppressive groups. Remember, in 1793 they also used to bleed you
to cure a case of the sniffles. Can you say outdated?

Our judicial system can. Did you know that no federal court has ever
overturned a gun control law on the basis of the Second Amendment?

The only true barrier to real restrictions on guns is the $15.8 million
the NRA has paid out to congressional representatives since 1989 to keep
gun control legislation off the books, according to the Coalition to
Stop Gun Violence.

Still proud to be an American?

Even if our forefathers had felt it reasonable for us to tote Uzi's
around in our backpacks, on a practical level it would still be too
dangerous. Common sense should tell us that our right to shoot animals
and beer cans in our backyards does not supercede a person's right to
live in safety. And when stupid people get ahold of guns (and we know
most people are, in fact, stupid), people get hurt.

Nobody's going to shoot you when they're robbing your house, dumbass!
They want your DVD player, not the electric chair. Statistics show gun
owners are far more likely to shoot themselves, a family member or a pet
rather than any sort of intruder. According to a 1998

ABCnews.com poll, only 20 percent of gun owners store their weapons
unlocked and unloaded. Now that is tragic.

Firearm injuries are the second leading cause of death of youth ages
10-24 nationwide, according to the Center for Disease Control. In case
you're wondering, the leading cause of death for this age group is car
accidents. The difference with this is that we need cars.

We don't need guns.

So, if you gunslingers out there are still listening, put 'em down.
Isn't saving thousands of lives worth the price of finding a new hobby?
I say it's certainly worth a shot… no pun intended.
"Nobody's going to shoot you when they're robbing your house, dumbass!"

Tell that to all the people who are shot every year while thugs are
doing all the home invasions!

Okay everyone, have at him at - [EMAIL PROTECTED]