-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 04/18/2001 8:34:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
 Today, April 18, 2001, I awoke to SNOW and ICE in my yard. I live in
 New Jersey, which falls well within the confines of the Northern
 Hemisphere. What was that about global warming?  >>

We had it too, same day, same way.  It's been the longest, greyest winter
I've ever seen, but the temperatures never got really low this year.  A
couple of years ago I asked my husband  to skip his morning three-mile walk
(he get's up at 5:00 a.m. and takes the dog to a nearby state park) if the
temperature is below zero.  This year he didn't have to stay home one
morning.   It's gotten to single digits a couple of times, but not below
zero, at least not at five in the morning.  We used to get lots of really
cold weather.  I recall my feet getting numb when I was waiting for the bus
to come, and I was wearing insulated boots.  I think it really is getting
warmer, but it's staying ugly longer.  Prudy