>In honor of memorial day, a day which is set aside solely in remembrance of
>the many difficult and enormous sacrifices made by those to preserve liberty
>and freedom for this Republic, I am posting the full version of our "Star
>Spangled Banner,"

[snip]

>THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER
>
>Oh, say can you see, by the dawn's early light,
>What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming,
>Whose broad stripes and brights stars
>Through the perilous fight,
>O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
>And the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
>Gave proof thro' the night that our flag was still there.
>Oh, say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
>O'er the land of the free, and the home of the brave!

A question mark goes at the end after the word 'brave', not an exclamation point...the phrase is asking whether the flag is still flying over the fort....

Me, I would prefer "America The Beautiful" as the national anthem rather than a rephrased British drinking song...

June

Check out Alternative Kite radio:  http://www.live365.com/stations/242153

Bravenet IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here