Alex Constantine Note: In the Usenet newsgroups, satanist Michael
Aquino's most devoted champion is "Dr." John Price, supposedly a PhD, who
has posted his ersatz curriculum vitae on the Net
(ftp://ftp.calweb.com/users/j/jmprice/cv-john-m-price). Time and again,
"Dr." Price has viciously ridiculed and abused anyone who deigns to
criticize Aquino.
     Price claims far and wide to be a psychologist at UC Davis. A phone
call to UC Davis proved that he is an academic fraud, and as he jokingly
admits, a "satanic troll" ... like Alex Burns at Disinformation.Com.

In article <5g7amr$[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: "John M. Price" - Satanic Troll?/UC Davis psychologist?
>Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 02:19:12 GMT

>On 3/12/97 I phoned UC Davis to track down "John M. Price" in an
>attempt to discover whether someone on the internet might be using
>his identity and CV given that his signature on the FMSF "witch-hunt"
>mailing list is in quotation marks.  I reached a Dr. Ken Henry
>(apparent co-researcher of John Price's published material) in the
>psychology department. He stated that a "John M. Price" was a recent
>student of his but now only made contact with the University
>occasionally.
>I explained, in brief, what had been occurring on the internet
>regarding a "John M. Price" and his seeming affiliation with UC Davis,
>but my uncertainty of this since he includes "satanic troll" under his
>organizational heading at times. What did this mean?
>I explained that, in my opinion, "Mr. Price" was obviously a supporter
>of unusual activity, (which didn't matter as everyone should be free
>to express their ideas)...*but* when Mr. Price began helping Mr.
>Aquino endanger an innocent individual whom Mr. Aquino - a hard-core
>Satanist - was attempting to set-up, *that's* when he stepped over the
>line from free expression into the realm of harassment. I explained to
>Dr. Henry that destructive cults often employ such tactics to
>intimidate others who speak out against them. I then referred him to
>the photo that "John M. Price" was promoting on his FTP site as being
>"Curio"  - which it is not, since I know vey well what "Curio" looks
>like.
>Dr. Henry agreed this behavior was appalling.
>I expressed my concerns that a "John M. Price" may have
>stolen Mr. Price's identity and I didn't want to see an innocent
>person be blamed for someone elses activities - just like the
>hypnotherapist in question. Dr. Henry stated he would attempt to reach
>John M. Price and explore that possibility. I'm hoping that Dr. Henry
>is not using "John M. Price's" identity either but is, in fact, being
>straightforward with me.
>Further updates will be forthcoming - when available.

Message 2 in threadFrom: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
alt.pagan, alt.activism.children, alt.conspiracy
Date: 1997/03/13

[...]

***

Message 3 in threadFrom: Leslie E. Packer, PhD ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Newsgroups: sci.psychology.psychotherapy
Date: 1997/03/13

Hmmm... this seems like a poorly  veiled attempt to harass Dr. Price,
Curio.

>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>On 3/12/97 I phoned UC Davis to track down "John M. Price" in an
>attempt to discover whether someone on the internet might be using
>his identity and CV given that his signature on the FMSF "witch-hunt"
>mailing list is in quotation marks.

 In some programs you can't enter a name as [Jane Doe, MD] because it
simply won't accept a comma or trailing space.  So... guess what?  If
you use that software for your e-mail to mail lists, you have to put
it all in quotes as in "Jane Doe, MD."

Did you even _think_ that maybe because 'witch hunt' is a mail list
and would use different software (for e-mail) than his news reader
software, that that might explain the difference in how his name and
degree appears?

Nah.  Why think of the obvious and innocent, when it's so much more to
your taste to assume sinister intentions.

>I reached a Dr. Ken Henry
>(apparent co-researcher of John Price's published material) in the
>psychology department. He stated that a "John M. Price" was a recent
>student of his but now only made contact with the University
>occasionally.
>
>I explained, in brief, what had been occurring on the internet
>regarding a "John M. Price" and his seeming affiliation with UC Davis,
>but my uncertainty of this since he includes "satanic troll" under his
>organizational heading at times. What did this mean?
>
>I explained that, in my opinion, "Mr. Price"

Suffering from degree envy now, too?

Did Dr. Henry actually know the story of how Dr. Price came to be
known as an immoderate satanic troll?   It's kind of legendary around
here, you know.

(Well, everyone else knows, but you apparently don't, and haven't done
your homework, so ... )

>was obviously a supporter
>of unusual activity, (which didn't matter as everyone should be free

Read the rest of this message... (57 more lines)
Message 4 in threadFrom: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Newsgroups: sci.psychology.psychotherapy, alt.mindcontrol, alt.satanism,
alt.pagan, alt.activism.children, alt.conspiracy
Date: 1997/03/21

As expected, the sci.psychology goon squad has come out in force
to decry my actions simply for attempting to verify the identity of
"John M. Price" and yet they ignore the fact that, at minimum, what's
been discovered to date is that John's CV gives the impression he is
connected with UC Davis professionally, even inferring that he's
on the faculty. Both the University operator and Dr. Henry said he
didn't have anything to do with the University.

Of course, overlooking John's misrepresentation is typical since he
and others here appear to have a problem recognizing ethical lapses.
What is also "overlooked" is the fact that we seem to have a double
standard in operation. It's OK for Michael Aquino and his supporters
on this newsgroup to set-up an innocent person and attempt to hurt her
both personally and professionally, but it's not OK for me to verify
somebody's ID, and give the person I'm requesting information from, a
brief *accurate* outline as to why I'm asking in the first place...and
most importantly, to verify his identity in order to seek out the
proper person for complaint about his harassment of an innocent woman.

Despite sniveling claims to the contrary, "John M. Price" has
done this as well as "Peter" and "Leslie" - simply because you
people are so frustrated because you can't discover my identity - so
just picking out anybody and harassing them will do, right?

*It doesn't matter* whether any of you sincerely weren't sure if I was
the hypnotherapist or not. As soon as she came to these groups and
requested to be left alone...you should have done it. The fact that
you didn't AGAIN demonstrates what slime some of you people are...as
though we needed any more examples.

I learned about "Mr. Price" last year when somebody posted on a
victim's newsgroup describing someone in sci.psychology apparently
promoting sex with children. Out of curiosity I dropped in and posted
some RA material. Coincidentally "Mr. Price" also came to the defense
of Michael Aquino - hard-core Satanist- and I watched him over
time busily debunking ritual crime in general. Very few innocent
people do this BTW.

That fact is quite clear to me and others here based on the threads
continually posted questioning some of your statements, positions, and
overall intellectual dishonesty. My favorite thread
was the one posted recently requesting professional assistance with
sociopaths. The reply given (not by me) was that the poster would
probably find more sociopaths in this very newsgroup than anyone
who could help give them advice.

Michael Aquinio found a home in sci.psychology for a reason after
being kicked off his own newsgroup. It's because he obviously
has some of his friends here.

You can only fool some of the people some of the time guys.

P.S. I notice my posts about Price have been censored from AOL.

***

Message 5 in threadFrom: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Newsgroups: sci.psychology.psychotherapy
Date: 1997/03/21

In article <5gt4r3$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>P.S. I notice my posts about Price have been censored from AOL.

No, I read them (or at least I read some posts by you about him - I have no
idea if I read them all).
On the other hand  I'm not sure why I read them or these threads...

Message 6 in threadFrom: Squeaky ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Newsgroups: sci.psychology.psychotherapy, alt.mindcontrol, alt.satanism,
alt.pagan, alt.activism.children, alt.conspiracy
Date: 1997/03/21

In article <5gt4r3$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes

>As expected, the sci.psychology goon squad has come out in force
>to decry my actions simply for attempting to verify the identity of
>"John M. Price" and yet they ignore the fact that, at minimum, what's
>been discovered to date is that John's CV gives the impression he is
>connected with UC Davis professionally, even inferring that he's
>on the faculty. Both the University operator and Dr. Henry said he
>didn't have anything to do with the University.

Oh? I see. I shouldn't wonder that you will hear more on this.

>Of course, overlooking John's misrepresentation is typical since he
>and others here appear to have a problem recognizing ethical lapses.

Look extremely carefully. The barrel of your gun points in your
direction. Twaddle. Piffle.

>What is also "overlooked" is the fact that we seem to have a double
>standard in operation. It's OK for Michael Aquino and his supporters
>on this newsgroup to set-up an innocent person and attempt to hurt her
>both personally and professionally, but it's not OK for me to verify
>somebody's ID, and give the person I'm requesting information from, a
>brief *accurate* outline as to why I'm asking in the first place...and
>most importantly, to verify his identity in order to seek out the
>proper person for complaint about his harassment of an innocent woman.

I infer from the above that you are hurting and - it would seem -
hurting plenty. I'd not even give you the page numbers from my own
Curriculum Vitae.

I do understand the links that appear to be involved, despite not
completely understanding your above whining. I have some stuff on
IDENTITY in Turnpike. Perhaps I should take to replaying the odd little
bit for you.

Yes. For you, this:

                                -"-

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Rennet9337) writes

[Subject: Rennet re "Curio"]

ELECTRICITI.COM IDENTIFICATION OF "CURIO" (2)

Read the rest of this message... (207 more lines)
Message 7 in threadFrom: GeneDoug ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Newsgroups: sci.psychology.psychotherapy, alt.mindcontrol, alt.satanism,
alt.pagan, alt.activism.children, alt.conspiracy
Date: 1997/03/23

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> As expected, the sci.psychology goon squad has come out in force
> to decry my actions simply for attempting to verify the identity of
> "John M. Price" and yet they ignore the fact that, at minimum, what's
> been discovered to date is that John's CV gives the impression he is
> connected with UC Davis professionally, even inferring that he's
> on the faculty. Both the University operator and Dr. Henry said he
> didn't have anything to do with the University.

Actually, I'm somewhat relieved to read some of this.  And so long as
that isn't his real name, I can feel freer to express my own opinions.

I have suspected for some time that he was not the scientist he claimed
to be, and that he was simply as semi-closet pedaphile, putting out a
lot of intellectualizing divel to support his own attitudes toward his
own behavior.

Why a pedaphile would want to do this is a mystery, as he has no hope of
gaining support from the world, and considering that he is going to go
out and do what he wants to, regardless of whether people agree with
him.

It is possible he is trying to convince himself that he isn't hurting
anyone, and that the opposition to his (assumed) behavior is just
irrational bigotry against open-minded people.  If he can satisfy
himself with a subtle tantrum on the newsgroup, then he can go do his
think with fewer twinges of conscience bothering him.

Gene Douglas

Message 8 in threadFrom: John M Price ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Newsgroups: sci.psychology.psychotherapy, alt.mindcontrol, alt.satanism,
alt.pagan, alt.activism.children, alt.conspiracy
Date: 1997/03/23

GeneDoug ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
: >
:
: Actually, I'm somewhat relieved to read some of this.  And so long as
: that isn't his real name, I can feel freer to express my own opinions.

Talk about gullible!

--
John M. Price, PhD        [EMAIL PROTECTED]     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Life: Chemistry, but with feeling!   |   PGP Key on request or by finger!

we will invent new lullabies, new songs, new acts of love,
we will cry over things we used to laugh &
our new wisdom will bring tears to eyes of gentile
creatures from other planets who were afraid of us till then &
in the end a summer with wild winds &
new friends will be.

Message 9 in threadFrom: Leslie E. Packer, PhD ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Newsgroups: sci.psychology.psychotherapy, alt.mindcontrol, alt.satanism,
alt.pagan, alt.activism.children, alt.conspiracy
Date: 1997/03/24

>GeneDoug <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>

>Actually, I'm somewhat relieved to read some of this.  And so long as
>that isn't his real name, I can feel freer to express my own opinions.
> <snip>
>
>Gene Douglas

ROFL!    And here many of us thought you were just a dumb twit, when
all the time you were hiding such a keen sense of humor!

<shaking head in utter amazement>

Leslie
-----

"Find a way or make a way."

Message 10 in threadFrom: Peter ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Newsgroups: sci.psychology.psychotherapy, alt.mindcontrol, alt.satanism,
alt.pagan, alt.activism.children, alt.conspiracy
Date: 1997/03/24

In article <5h4fd0$krv$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, John M Price
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>GeneDoug ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>: [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>: >
>: > As expected, the sci.psychology goon squad has come out in force
>: > to decry my actions simply for attempting to verify the identity of
>: > "John M. Price" and yet they ignore the fact that, at minimum, what's
>: > been discovered to date is that John's CV gives the impression he is
>: > connected with UC Davis professionally, even inferring that he's
>: > on the faculty. Both the University operator and Dr. Henry said he
>: > didn't have anything to do with the University.
>:
>: Actually, I'm somewhat relieved to read some of this.  And so long as
>: that isn't his real name, I can feel freer to express my own opinions.
>
>Talk about gullible!

Saying it enough times will help people to believe more freely, and the
pseudonymic poster seems to prove this. Unless he's in the curio-
ForKids-Sinsane-concert party?

Nyam yo ho rhengyo kyo... ...but, as even Curio herself once said, you
can't fool all of the people all of the time. Even Nichiren Shoshu had
the plug pulled on them.
--
Peter

Next 10 messages in thread
Displaying messages 1 - 10 of 287. Jump to [ End of thread (newest) ]

Google Web Directory - Cool Jobs - Advertise with Us -
Add Google to Your Site - Google in your Language - All About Google