-Caveat Lector-

> Hi Fred:
>
>     You said that Jeffords is a phony, hypocritical, sanctimonious, statist
> liberal.  Indeed.  But how does that make him different from most of our
> other legislators, federal and state

Hi Chris:

It doesn't. That is why I remarked he fits so well in Vermont. That is
why in previous posts I have repeatedly stated that if the voters demand or
accept an intrusive statist system...the politicians will gladly accommodate
them.

The only reason I singled out Jeffords was because of the rather sickening
praise fostered on him for his "integrity" and "courage" by the Amen Corner
statist media. Since when does it take political courage to merely follow
(not lead) perceived popular opinion? In Vermont, it is the road to political
popularity to support unlimited spending for Ed-u-ka-shon; "free" prescription
drugs, etc. etc. My main point is that NEVER has Jeffors showed "courage"
and "independent leadership." His record on civil rights is atrocious.
Where is his vaunted "independence" and "courage" when it comes to the
Insane War on Drugs" or other dispicable violations of personal freedom
that I listed in my post? You are absolutely right, Jeffords ain't no different
then most Pandering Pols... however no one should praise him for "courage" and
"independence."

Railing against the "evil" pols who pass and enforce "unconstitutional"laws and
regulations as does Tom Morse (while Morse calls for intrusive laws
and regulations against those HE does not approve) accomplishes little.

The problem is, paraphrasing Pogo...us!

Regards,
Fred