Dear Jeffrey Davidow,

I have translated your June 1 speech at the Universidad del Valle de México
and published both English and Spanish versions on the Narco News Bulletin (
www.narconews.com ), so that English-speaking citizens of the United States
and the world may be better informed about your activities in Mexico.

The translation, together with the original, appears at:

http://www.narconews.com/thegreatdebate.html

I think you will find the speech to be accurately translated, but since
translation is an often inexact science, and you did not offer an English
language version on your Embassy web site, I hereby offer you the
opportunity to review the translation and make any amendments so that your
words are read as you intended them to be understood.

Your words against the legalization of drugs in Mexico have certainly
generated much commentary from our readers, and in the coming days we will
be publishing responses from citizens and experts across the globe to your
statements.

Of course, like any reader, you are invited to comment on your speech as
well. Please send any amendments to me at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Finally, it is a pleasure to conduct a service for my country in translating
your text, gratis. I figure that money must be scarce given the high cost of
$4,000 dollars per window at the U.S. Embassy in Mexico City (according to
your office's accusations against Mexican university students who allegedly
broke those windows by hurling small projectiles).

One of 240 million citizens who employ you,

Al Giordano
Publisher
The Narco News Bulletin
http://www.narconews.com/