-Caveat Lector-

goolie smith wrote:

> -Caveat Lector-
>
> Let me get this straight first.
>
> Are you saying Ariel Sharon has NOT commited war crimes ?

Were not talking about whether Sharon committed ANY war crimes.
We are talking about the Sabra and Shatilla massacre. He did not
commit THAT war crime. But the Arabs have mounted a campaign to
bring him up on charges in the World Court for THAT war crime.
They will lose that one too because it's not true. But the point
is to try to win PR points. They have no interest in the real killers
of their people in Sabra and Shatila. They know what really happened
and who is responsible, yet never brought charges against them.

> Are you saying Ariel Sharon has NOT commited war crimes ?
> a simple answer of yes or no will suffice.

No. I'm not saying that at all. I know the history of the region
very well. Sharon was ( is ) a military general. He has fought real
wars with real enemies. All Arabs. He has taken part in, or commanded
troops who have committed " war crimes." No doubt about it.

But this is the nature of war. There is NO general who has taken part
in a war who is not responsible for war crimes as modernly defined. NONE.
The winners in those wars are " heroes " and the losers can always be
charged as a war criminal. The recent war in Kosovo is the absolutely
perfect example.

There will ALWAYS be war crimes in war. ALWAYS!!!! The solution is to
not allow wars to get started. That is the ONLY moral way to handle
potential conflict.

Now let's get to the real stuff. How can you take the Palestinians seriously
about " war crimes " when their leader is Yassir Arafat??? You must be
kidding.

Arafat has not even got the excuse and cover of fighting a war. The list
of his violent criminal acts against civilians is incontrovertible. Would
you like me to post it?

This is why you people are a joke to me. You are supporters of actual,
real terrorists who have been " ethnically cleansed " from Jordan, Kuwait,
Saudi, and Lebanon, for their charming behavior. All Arab countries. Where
were you then? Where was your outrage against the host countries for ethnic
cleansing?

Where do you people get the audacity to point fingers at ANYBODY while
supporting the PLO and Yassir Arafat. What astonishing hypocrisy. Even from
Liberals.

Joshua2