July 9, 2001
Please Distribute Widely

Dear Colleagues,

As you know, The Narco News Bulletin temporarily suspended publication of
new reports last month in order to dedicate our full-time effort to the
upcoming Court hearing in New York City, July 20th (details of that
important date, to which you are invited, appear below.)

We remain busy with our legal deadlines to file briefs this week and appear
in Court on the 20th.

However, during this time we have continued to recieve hundreds of requests
for information, interviews and questions about the drug war in Latin
America, as well as about these important legal proceedings.

In order to facilitate communication, and comment on current events
throughout our América, we have accepted an invitation from the citizens who
populate the New York Times Drug Policy Forum to answer all your questions
tomorrow:

Tuesday evening, July 10th, at 8 p.m. Eastern Time
New York Times Drug Policy Forum:

http://forums.nytimes.com/webin/WebX?[EMAIL PROTECTED]^0@.f0c5fae

(Note: To view or participate in this citizen-journalist press conference,
you must register - it's still free - with the NY Times.)

Our participation in this forum does not constitute an endorsement of The
New York Times nor of the veracity of its reports from Latin America; to the
contrary, we will not refrain from criticizing that disgraced institution in
its own forum or anywhere.

Of the eight Narco News Bulletin commentaries for which we are being sued by
the National Bank of Mexico ("Banamex") in the New York Supreme Court, 3 of
those 8 commentaries were critiques of the unprofessional behavior of (now
ex) New York Times correspondents in Mexico.

So, we go Tuesday night to the belly of the beast, and invite even that
institution's agents to join the discussion, which is open to all.

Please join us Tuesday night, July 10th, at 8 p.m. Eastern Time, as we show
the New York Times a thing or two about authentic citizen journalism, and
discuss the reality of the US-imposed war on drugs in Latin America:

http://forums.nytimes.com/webin/WebX?[EMAIL PROTECTED]^0@.f0c5fae

Special thanks to Dean Becker and the Drug Policy Forum of Texas for
graciously extending to us this invitation.

>From somewhere in a country called América,

Al Giordano
Publisher-On-Leave
Full-time Free Speech Defendant
The Narco News Bulletin
http://www.narconews.com/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Our Upcoming Court hearing is also Open to the Public:

Friday, July 20, 2001
9:30 a.m.
New York State Supreme Court
71 Thomas Street, Room 205