-Caveat Lector-

Sounds like a very credible scenario that I have heard the gyst of before.  It seems
to be the only way that he could have been done away with without too much attention
being drawn to all the deaths.  Ruin his political career and make him a no show in
the president's race.  I'm no fan of Ted, but it sure seems to me that there is a lot
fishy about the whole Chappaquiddick thing.

On Tue, 10 July 2001, Nessie wrote:

> -Caveat Lector-
>
> From the transcript of the Fourth Reich in America conference, held in
> SF in '88, organized by yours truly and friends:
>

> Audience Member: Can you say just a few words about the Chappaquiddick
> incident?
>
> John Judge: Yes. Ted Kennedy was not in the car. Hard evidence clearly
> shows that the car went off the ramp at a tremendously high rate of
> speed. And the door on Kennedy's side was crushed shut. It was still
> locked. I don't think he'd bother to lock it on the way out under water.
> The window was still rolled up. He had no way to get out of the car. He
> had no wet clothes, in the hotel room. That was the testimony of the
> maid who cleaned up. He was seen on the island in a good mood that
> morning. I talked to people who said the place was crawling with
> Committee to Re-Elect the President people. Tom Valaszcwitz, in his
> testimony, said that he went up to the island several days before, with
> fake press credentials, to ask embarrassing questions of Ted. About
> what? Several days before? And he doesn't show up at any of the press
> conferences.
>
> In the Watergate testimony, there is reference to Operation Sand Wedge,
> and ten thousand dollars given to Valaszcwitz that summer, by Caulfield.
> And they never ask, "What is Sand Wedge?" I think it's putting the
> Oldsmobile in the sand.
>
> It was meant to take out Ted Kennedy's election chances. But I think
> they knew, that if they had yet another lone assassin, for the third
> Kennedy, that would be the end of the string, in terms of the public
> credibility. So instead they set him up, in, I think, a very clever way.
>

> They drugged him at the party. Slipped a "mickey" into the drink. He
> left with Mary Jo Koepechne. Now, they portray her as just this sort of
> little nobody, a secretary, who happened to be in the car, or maybe Ted
> was having an affair with her. She came from a group of political
> secretaries known as the "Boiler Room Girls." Some of them are still in
> top positions in the media and other places. And they were traveling in
> the political circles, and working for different people. Mary Jo worked
> for Sen. George Smathers, Bebe Rebozo's financial and personal friend
> down there, who was actually an enemy of the Kennedy's. There was this
> famous scene where Smathers attempted to get John Kennedy to kill
> Castro, to continue the assassination attempts, and Kennedy broke a
> plate on the table at this dinner. It's kind of famous, it's in most of
> the Kennedy books, Thousand Days, and other places. And he said, "We're
> not going to have any more of that talk."
>
> And, Smathers, you know, was certainly more in the Nixon camp, with
> Rebozo, and the filthy money, Dade county, Bob Maheu (who went out and
> got the Mafia assassins involved originally, that helped to kill
> Kennedy), and that crowd. So, she came from there, and the two
> [...]

"Welcome to the desert of the real."  Morpheus, in The Matrix

"My God it's full of stars!"  Dave Bowman, in 2001: A Space
Odyssey
http://www.shopping.altavista.com