-Caveat Lector-

On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, Aleisha Saba muddled:
>Find this item interesting - Condit lives in this "Bohemian Adams Morgan
>District" and little Chandra had out her map on TV of this Klingle
>Mansion

She didn't have any map out on her TV, she used MapQuest on her PC...and
the Klingle Mansion was only one of many areas she apparently checked
out...

That's presuming that it was actually Levy at the computer that morning
and not a computer-savvy perp who knew how to throw authorities off the
scent by deliberately laying down false cybertracks...

>Could it be a meeting was to take place;  Chandra is alleged to have
>visited that guy's apartment, but when - maybe that night?

According to the police, Levy's MapQuest query of the Klingle Mansion in
nearby Rock Creek Park (the Mansion, used as park headquarters but closed
that day) occurred at approximately 12:30 pm, shortly before she
allegedly signed off...

Two other interesting, and perhaps relevant points:  according to
Condit's schedule, he had an hour lunch at the White House starting at
11:30...he then had a meeting with Dick Cheney scheduled at 1pm, the
length of which is not specified, but which probably didn't last longer
than half an hour...we are told that he next returned to his office at
3pn, which leaves a gap of about an hour and a half in his schedule
during midday...

If Levy left her apartment between 1 and 1:30 pm that day, the young
woman (who has been described as a fitness buff), could have either
jogged or walked briskly to the vacinity of the Klingle mansion and been
there between 1:30 and 2pm -- the very same time that Condit has a gap in
his schedule for that day...

The second interesting and perhaps relevant point is that that area of
Rock Creek Park, the vacinity around the Klingle Mansion, is apparently a
well-known gay hangout and gay pickup place...with the recent revelations
regarding Condit, it is reasonable to presume that he was at least aware
of this area of the park, if not well-acquainted with it.

>So his is one item re this location and then an interesting item re
>Klingle Mansion area where Chandra took the time to target on her
>computer?

Again, this is presuming that it was Levy actually on the computer at
that time...if it was, and if she went to the area of Klingle Mansion
shortly afterwards, one has to answer the question as to why she only
brought her keys and not her purse...

If she was already abducted (perhaps around 4:30 that morning, when a
resident of Levy's building called the police reporting hearing a woman
scream), then it had to be the perp (or one of the perps) on Levy's
computer later that morning, probably intending on leaving a cybertrail
to throw the authorities off (mainly to be able to establish an alibi for
the hours in question)...

Perhaps not all of the MapQuest inquiries were spurious...perhaps the
person sitting at Levy's computer at midday on 5/1 had been told by
someone -- presumably Condit himself -- "After you do what you have to
do, meet me in the park by the mansion at approximately 2 pm so
that we can discuss the next step"...so perhaps the query to MapQuest was
to actually get directions, but that would then imply the querant was
unfamiliar with the area -- an unlikely possibility if the perp was this
supposed gay black Hatian biker...

Of course another possibility is that Levy staged this whole thing to get
back at Condit...she could have delibertely screamed at 4:30am, and have
done the MapQuest search later that day to lay down her own false
cybertracks...and presumably aware of Condit's sexual tastes, the
MapQuest query on the Klingle Mansion could have been an attempt to point
attention to Condit's homosexual activities...

>A source close to the congressman says health problems kept her at home,
>although Condit frequently flies to see her on weekends.

Again, according to other sources, Carolyn Condit is a hale and hearty
woman; she did have a bout of encephalitis as a child which seemingly has
not greatly affected her as an adult.  I suspect this 'sick wife' story
was something Gary Condit cooked up to explain to the D.C. crowd why his
wife stayed back in California and didn't come to D.C. with him...I
suspect Mrs. Condit stayed behind at Condit's own suggestion...

The 'sick wife' story probably helped him with women...garnered sympathy
and helped convince them to go to bed with this guy, and was a convenient
excuse when these chippies started pressuring him to divorce his wife and
marry them:  "Oh no!  I couldn't possibly divorce my wife!  She's very
ill and it would look bad, and be political suicide for my career!"  If
he laid on the "sick wife" story thick enough, he probably had most of
his affairs believing that his wife was on death's doorstep and that it
was only a matter of time before she died and he'd be 'free'...

>Because of this maverick role, MSNBC named Condit one of the eight top
>"Democratic Power Brokers." "He's a good congressman," said California
>agricultural lobbyist Julian Heron. "He works hard. He looks after his
>constituents' interests, and he takes his job very seriously."

So who benefits from his political demise?

>Though he leans right on the Hill by day, he's a liberal free spirit at
>night. Choosing a condo in Adams Morgan - which Condit admitted Levy
>once visited - is a strong statement because
>[Saba note:  When, the night she targeted the area in which she looked
>up Klingle Mansion]

Unlikely, since the allegedly on-deaths-doorstep Mrs. Condit had come to
town on 4/28 and was staying at the Adams Morgan apartment the whole time
she was in D.C.

The 'one time' that Condit is willing to admit that Levy came to his
apartment will probably be the occasion that shortly afterwards Anna
Marie Smith discovered Levy's hair there...

June

Check out Alternative Kite Radio at
http://www.altkiteradio.trancetechno.com

Alternative Kite Radio (low-bandwidth)
Alternative Kite Radio (high-bandwidth)
Alternative Kite Summer Beachparty Radio (it's always summer somewhere)
Alternative Kite Holiday Radio (everyday's a holiday)