Mike Cox wrote:

> I searched the Guardian site for references to Bin Laden's appointment. I read
>through headlines of all articles referencing Bin Laden which were published since
>the beginning of August. I found no reference to his appointment. I would suspect the
>letter writer faked the article, except for the fact that he doesn't write well
>enough. I guess we'll find out eventually.
> Mike

Here's another copy. You can't find it by site search
but it's in there for those who know the link. If I
do a search for bin laden, I get the first page and
there are supposed to be 191 hits, but next page
gives Error 404.
http://www.vny.com/cf/news/upidetail.cfm?QID=216037

I've been looking through those sites, and that's how
I found out that Bin Laden had the approval of Taleban
and Pak ISI to assassinate Masud. That's like assassinating
General MacArthur and being rewarded instead of arrested.
There's no need to locate a paper crown when the real authority
is evident. For a foreigner to kill a local super hero and do it
with Pak support at this point with US pressure on Pakistan
is to say Pakistan regards Bin Laden as a Pak strategic weapon
like their nukes. That, too, is not what US news is saying.

The fireworks in Kabul Tuesday night were also about
consolidating Bin Laden's base. I think we can assume
he killed whoever he was going after there, too. Bin
Laden's on a roll.

-Bob

<FONT COLOR="#000099">FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!
</FONT><A HREF="http://us.click.yahoo.com/47cccB/4m7CAA/ySSFAA/xYTolB/TM";><B>Click
Here!</B></A>