-Caveat Lector-

On Sun, 16 Sep 2001, Fred R. Saluga wrote:
>       I don't know if anyone picked up on an interview with someone from
>FEMA on Fox Thursday night. When he was being interviewed, by the newscaster,
>he stated"WE GOT HERE MONDAY NIGHT AND DID NOT START WORK TILL TUESDAY. Could
>have been a slip or he was to tired to know what day it was. But again, I
>found it to be very interesting.

I've heard some other people refer to the disaster as happening on
Monday, so I would tend to think it's just tiredness and confusion over
what day it is...

But FEMA, if they WERE on the scene Tuesday, didn't start doing anything
until Friday afternoon, when it announced that it was officially in
charge and would only use its own personnel in the rescue and relief
effort, all others need not apply, leaving hundreds of volunteers -- many
trained in these areas -- cooling their heels.

This morning WCBS showed how there have been so many donations of
supplies, that they have spilled out onto the sidewalk from the staging
area, because FEMA claims they don't have enough people to process the
donations and get them delivered where they need to go; yet milling
around on that very same sidewalk, right next to those donations, are
hundreds of volunteers who were told their services aren't needed...

Prior to Friday afternoon, all these volunteers were being gladly
utilized, and the rescue and relief effort was going along smoothly;
since FEMA took over, it's ground to a snail's pace...

June

Check out Alternative Kite Radio at
http://www.altkiteradio.trancetechno.com

Alternative Kite Radio (low-bandwidth)
Alternative Kite Radio (high-bandwidth)
Alternative Kite Summer Beachparty Radio (it's always summer somewhere)
Alternative Kite Holiday Radio (everyday's a holiday)