-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 9/23/01 6:03:20 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< The drumbeat now begins, as it always does in time of war: We must accept
limitations on our liberties.  >>

The wife and I took one of our grandsons to the Hollywood Bowl last night and
had our first encounter with limitatons on our liberties. The bowl had hired
private security to search bags and packages being brought into the bowl.

The bowl has a tradition rooted in the mists of time that people come early,
bring a picnic supper and sup on the grounds of the bowl before the concert.

This security while being ineffective, had pedestrian traffic backed up
hundreds of yards and caused all kinds of inconvience. The sheeple mooed and
snorted when I voiced by thoughts on the ineffectiveness of the security.
"Would you rather fight with a terrorist in the aisles?" they mooed. "Haven't
you noticed that the security people are unarmed?, I asked.

Aah, yes. The New World Order has arrived.

BHoward

Logic is sorely needed these days.