-Caveat Lector-

DEA Heads Off Hemp at Headquarters
Nov. 19, 2001

 Appalled at recent DEA moves to ban hemp food products,
(http://www.hightimes.com/News/2001_10/dea.html), a small group of 12
students, activists, and citizens gave away free samples of hemp food
outside DEA National Headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, on Nov. 8, 2001...

"...Now, in order to get us off the property, without any sort of legal
repercussions, because I think they realized we might be suing them at some
point in the future, they declared a 911 security sweep. This is what really
took us by surprise. They essentially cleared every person whether you were
an employee, a maintenance worker, someone who was on their lunch hour
who
happened to be in the courtyard, they cleared everyone out of their big
area, we're talking about maybe an acre of land. They swept the whole land
clean of people that surrounds the property. Lots of trees and benches and
stuff. They told people to go inside or get off the property. So they did
this security sweep while they were kicking us off, then a few minutes
later, they actually closed off the sidewalks of the DEA campus if you will,
where the courtyard is, and they closed it off right where our table was,
and closed off the sidewalk that goes right into the DEA campus area, which
also happened to be a few feet from where our table was. So lots and lots of
people who probably walk everyday on their lunch hour down that sidewalk to
the DEA campus, it's a big office complex with a few other office buildings
there, like the MCI building, and they were told they had to go around to
the other side of the building where there'd be a security guard who'd let
them in there. Security were saying 'yes, it's 911 security.' We were
talking to people and saying this is bullshit. The only reason they are
calling for a security sweep is for a pretzel..."All this time the security
people had been watching us, just kinda wondering how they could stop us,"
said Landis. "They finally figured out they could do a perimeter sweep, this
new thing they've given the right to do since Sept. 11, so they supposedly
did a perimeter sweep. However, it seemed as if either the other side had
been shut down and opened back up, or hadn't been shut down. They were
letting all the DEA agents in at the other entrance, but not the one where
we were at. So they were trying to keep us off the property. To this point,
I'd been very fine with them watching us, everybody observing and not
interfering, but now I felt that basically they were being real asses, that
they were using these rights that they'd been given in such an unjust way. "

Steve Wingate, Webmaster
ANOMALOUS IMAGES AND UFO FILES
http://www.anomalous-images.com