-Caveat Lector-

> You Andrew still have your music and you should write some good old
> fashioned War Songs.

scottish and irish culture is full of old fashioned war songs -
thats why anyone who sings them doesn't work

> You still playing your music these days?

my new album at www.refreshrecordings.co.uk/jacouse
or www.mp3.com/jacouse
its full of traditional folk [non warsongs] and therfore more likely
to put some bread and water on the table :)

I did do some stuff musically that a spook said was 'dangerous'
thats that farewell to dawn album i sent you -
the MI5 department responsible for destroying scottish culture
was dug up over 20 years ago by one james macdonald reid who
found relevant documents under the freedom of info act in the library of
congress ...
I was advised to give up my music by MI5 or some bunch of spooks who used a
combination of introductions to SAS officers, mickey finns and high class
parties to squeeze me out !!
I was told to leave my band in 1990 or 'my friends would be killed'
this by someone called JJM who said that because I played scottish music I
was creating aggressive dysfunction.
He was trained at a strange Gurjieff school in north of england, and claimed
that I was number 6 [a refernce to 'the prisoner'] and that he could
introduce me to number 1 -
alas for me - because I was so afraid of what might happen to my friends, I
left my band - and in the subsequent years, each band member went on to earn
more than 70,000 dollars each.

You DO get targetted if you are a folk musician - there is No Doubt - and
once you have seen special branch playing the bodhran at a session and
threatening everyone - you will see just what has become of a 'good night
out'
special branch asked me if  I was 'a bonny prince charlie folk hero'
they have also grabbed the top of my violin bow with a greasy hand and spent
much time messing up my music projects.

this adapted song from DIRE STRAIGHTS
the mans too big ... the mans too strong ...

I'm just an ageing special branch,
and in the bars I used to play
and I called the tunes in many a tortured session.

now they say I am subliminal, and I'm fading away
barman please hear my confession ..

I have legalised robbery, called it belief,
run with the money, hid like a thief
rewritten history with armies full of crooks
invented memories and did burn all the books

and I can still hear their laughter, can still hear their song,
the beers to big, the beers too strong ......

welcome to bonny skotland mein herr ...

andrew