BF>The crypto-fascists have been planning this since at least the time of H.G. Wells, when he spelled out the plan for a New World Order.  Most of our institutions are "infiltrated" we'll say.  The Rotary Club is now an extension for globalism, with Hapsbourg descendents in high places of control.  The Freemasons, once a patriotic institution of the higest caliber, have fallen to these forces.  The old Freemasons have been neutralized, the new ones are going along.  The CIA, corporations, and other organizations are neither good nor evil in themselves.  They are simply instruments, and now go along with the profit motive regardless, but beyond that they go along with the agenda.
    Gun control, bio-metric cards, abortion on demand, and loss of sovereignty are national emergencies that should be covered just as 9-11 was covered.  Gun control allows the government, political extremists, and the criminals to have a monopoly of force.  Whichever of these triumphs, the good people loose.  Once again, the seven basic principles of Noah remain our only hope.
    Bates

William Shannon wrote:

http://www.conspiracyplanet.com/channel.cfm?channelid=109&contentid=466&page=2

Crypto Fascists Want National ID Cards
by SHANE HAM

Editor's Note: Progressive Policy Institute, a "Democrat" think tank, reveals its true colors as a crypto-fascist shill for the biometrics industry. Specious reasoning is what they get paid for. )

The Sept. 11 hijackings illuminated many holes in our domestic defense. Four of the five hijackers who crashed into the Pentagon, for example, had fraudulent ID cards obtained in Virginia. But the flaws in our identification system were evident long before that. Fake ID cards are so common as to be almost a rite of passage for American teenagers. The industries that rely on the wildly unreliable identification system we have today have watched identity theft grow into a major industry. Worst of all, the ease with which criminals can obtain false identification documents in some states renders the entire system suspect, as possession of a valid driver's license is taken as unquestionable proof of identity for the distribution of other important identity documents -- passports, social security cards, employee ID cards, and many more.

The Sept. 11 tragedy made vivid the risks inherent in our flawed identification system, but those risks have always been there and we pay for them every day -- in higher credit card interest rates to cover for identity fraud, in victimization by criminals who avoid arrest, in suffering and death caused by underage drinkers who get behind the wheel.

Though we have long known that our identification system is broken, we now have a key opportunity to obtain consensus on fixing it. If done properly, a new identification system can not only reduce the threat of terrorism as well as more common crimes, but also lead to significant economic benefits. Placing 21st-century technology on our driver's licenses and ID cards will jump-start the New Economy, making offline and online transactions more convenient and more secure than ever before.

To accomplish this, there is no need for the federal government to build a new infrastructure for issuing "national ID cards." Modernizing the current system, in which the primary form of identification is issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles in each state, will be sufficient, provided that Congress requires an appropriate amount of standardization both in the cards themselves and in the processes for issuing them.

To do that, action is needed in Congress and in state legislatures. PPI recommends that Congress:

require states to issue "smart ID cards" containing a standardized hologram and digitally encoded biometric data specific to each holder;

set standards for initial identity verification;

accelerate the linking of state DMV databases;

provide grants and loans for additional state smart card applications;

upgrade the system for foreign visitors to incorporate a similar "smart visa" program; and

create strict controls to protect privacy and prevent abuses.
States should:

issue digital signatures with smart ID cards;

develop and promote other government applications to take advantage of smart ID card capabilities;

facilitate access to the chip on the card so that card holders could allow private organizations to place applications (e.g., digital cash) on the unused parts of the chip; and reduce or eliminate fees for first-time upgrades from old cards to smart cards.

Shane Ham is the senior technology policy analyst at the Progressive Policy Institute, and Robert D. Atkinson is vice president and director of PPI's Technology & New Economy Project.

Modernizing the State Identification System
An Action Agenda
By Shane Ham and Robert D. Atkinson
For the rest of the story, click here Phony Progressives Want Totalitarian America