--- Begin Message ---
-Caveat Lector-

----------
From: copa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 02:20:05 -0400
To: Alex Constantine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: "Chip" Berlet's Funding

Good work. I am regularly attacked by Berlet, he even had one of his
minions in Toronto come to a lecture and slam me in a local rag called
The Sun. He likes to lump me in with the political right wing because I
used to speak to Fletcher Prouty. He does lots of guilt by association
and little association by guilt. He also was quoted in an LAT hit piece
linking me to Holocaust deniers falsely, where he said I am not even a
"mainstream conspiracy theorist". In my reply I said that was an
oxymoron. He has slammed me in print in the Columbia Journalism Review,
among other publications, and basically tries to position PRA and
himself as the only credible sources of information about right wing and
fascist penetration of the government, at the cost of everyone else's
reputation. I see this same tendency in the bourgeois preeners at the
Institute for Policy Studies. By actively disassociating themselves from
"conspiracy theorists" they try to avoid the tar from the brush. Then
they use the same brush to paint us even blacker. "He's one of theose
CT's, I'm not!" Like those who named names for McCarthy. Beacon has a
history as a CIA conduit, including to Tom Hayden. Berlet also gets
funds from the ADL and was bucking for a leadership position there. He
was implicated in the ADL spy scandal on progressive groups because he
supplied information to them. I never saw parts one to five, could you
send them in one email please, sorry.
JJ