On Fri 08 Jul 2016 at 14:07:25 +0200, Frank Steiner wrote:
> Worse... Even with that option there is still no title so that I
> cannot define a warpto shortcut etc.

Many (all? I did not look it up) of the lists of window names also
accept class names. Each window doesn't just have a name but also a
class. You can find it with xprop and look for WM_CLASS, such as
WM_CLASS(STRING) = "lxterminal", "Lxterminal".

> They also don't support normal X11 parameters like -title, -geometry
> etc.

Of course, since the developers don't stick to conventions at all, they
may e failing in the WM_CLASSS department too.

I wonder how difficult it might be (and how useful) to generalise window
lists to be able to match on any string-like window property.

> Dipl.-Inform. Frank Steiner   Web:  http://www.bio.ifi.lmu.de/~steiner/
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- Wayland: Those who don't understand X
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- are condemned to reinvent it. Poorly.