On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 03:20:49PM -0400 I heard the voice of
Wayne, and lo! it spake thus:

> When UseThreeDMenus is defined in .ctwmrc it appears that the text
> of menu is shifted down by some number of pixels causing the menu
> text not to line with the menu selection and is aesthetically
> unpleasing.

Interesting.  So, I _can_ reproduce it in Xnest and Xephyr, but it's
dependant on the MenuFont.  The builtin default is
"-adobe-helvetica-bold-r-normal--*-120-*-*-*-*-*-*", which looks fine.
But with "-misc-fixed-bold-r-normal--*-140-*-*-*", it gets shifted.

A few-pixel shift in things is characteristic of the font height
estimation changes we landed just after 3.8.2 (r298).  And if I fire
up that nest'd ctwm with LANG=C or an ISO8859-1 charset, the shift
does go away.  So that at least points a good finger at where the
problem is.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fulle...@over-yonder.net