On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 10:34:57AM +0200 I heard the voice of
Frank Steiner, and lo! it spake thus:

> But as soon as I define
> Button1= c:window                 :f.exec "true"

Ah!  This turns out to be the key.  It doesn't have to do with the
key+button; it has to do with f.exec.  Bind it to just Button1, it'll
act the same.

It appears to be because of the XUngrabPointer() call in the f.exec
handler (functions_misc.c:347 in head); if I take that out, I can't
trigger it anymore.  The similar code in twm (menus.c:1987-94 in their
head) doesn't ungrab.

That seems to have come in with ctwm 3.5, in 1997.  A look at CHANGES
doesn't turn up any obvious suspects.  The closest may be the added
handling of $redirect and $currentworkspace in f.exec's arg; maybe
that uncovered some behavior that necessitated the ungrab?

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fulle...@over-yonder.net