> The test suite _does_ have a m4 test that runs the whole process, so
> that'd be a way you could trigger it at will without having to run a
> scratch ctwm.  I'm pretty sure the test won't _fail_, and not failing
> means the output would be hidden, but at least it's run it.
>
> After doing the regular `make test` once (to be sure everything's
> built etc), I think you could `cd build ; ctest --verbose -R test_m4`
> to run just that one test and see the output, too.

Interesting:

    % (cd build ; ctest --verbose -R test_m4)
    [...]

    3: Test command: /home/monnier/src/ctwm/trunk/build/tests/test_m4/test_m4
"-f" "/home/monnier/src/ctwm/trunk/tests/test_m4/ctwmrc"
    3: Environment variables:
    3:  DISPLAY=
    3: Test timeout computed to be: 1500
    3: /usr/bin/m4: syscmd subprocess: No child processes
    3: /usr/bin/m4:/tmp/monnier/ctwmrc.XXAiGjku:31: cannot run command `/bin/rm
/tmp/monnier/ctwmrc.XXAiGjku': No child processes
    3: OK

So the test encounters the same problem yet it passes.

Then again, maybe it's not that interesting since AFAICT it actually
runs the ctwm code, so it's no wonder that it behaves the same.

BTW, an interesting detail: there's no /tmp/monnier/ctwmrc.* file left
over, despite that message!

        Stefan