On Tue, 22 Dec 2020 10:48:15 +0100
Tina Holmboe <t...@greytower.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 09:09:22AM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
>
> > Could you please add stack-based Alt+Tab behavior to ctwm? My guess
> > is it would require the following:
>
>  IDIC indeed ...
>
>  Personally I use the alt+tab functionality on both Linux with CTWM
>  and, at work where I have no choice, on Windows. The ctwm variation
>  is without doubt the most sane and useful I've ever found.
>
>  So I, for one, would much prefer to keep it as-is. I'd hope you guys
>  atleast consider a configuration option to do so.

Hi Tina,

I'm writing this email in hopes I can understand how you use ring
based alt+tab in the current ctwm, the goal being that maybe I can use
it as effectively as you do.

First of all, as I remember, and it's been a couple years, alt+tab
isn't defined in system.ctwmrc or any of the example .ctwmrc files, so
I'm assuming you've assigned alt+tab to f.warpring "next" or f.warpring
"prev", or somehow both. Is this correct?

Some questions...

* When pressing alt+tab, what is your thought process as you do it?

* What do your actions look like as you do it?

* Do you have some special keyboard technique, or do you just press alt
  and keep on tabbing?

* Do you have a way of recognizing when you're on the desired window?

* What do you do if you alt+tab once too often, and need to go back
  one window?

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt