"Matthew D. Fuller" <fulle...@over-yonder.net> wrote:

> > So in shuffling stuff around, the question of what to do with source
> > repos comes up.
>
> I must say, I'm strangely heartened by the lack of enthusiasm for git
> 8-}
>
> So, based on feedback, my operative theory is that I will go ahead and
> bzr-ify things.  The long-term future isn't ultra rosy, and assuming
> the status quo does tend to suggest we'll have to migrate away from it
> at some point.  But I'm confident enough that it won't be in the next
> couple years.

Thanks for taking this on, and providing all that information. I am a very
grateful user, but unlikely to be able to contribute to development.

Whatever is done about the development site, I can see a need for some
additional information to be made readily available for potential new users of
my type (e.g. people dissatisfied with their current WM looking for something
better) including users are are not programmers and are unlikely to contribute
to development, but can use tips about configuration.

This might be separated into:

1. A brief overview of what CTWM is, where to get it, how to install it
and how to launch it. (E.g. sample .xinitrc files?)
[Perhaps copied from an existing web page?]

2. Information about this mailing list (after relocation) and how to report
faults or ask for help.

3. Links to other web sites with information about ctwm, including sample
.ctwmrc files and corresponding screenshots.

Here are some I've found in a quick search (apart from http://ctwm.free.lp.se/ )

http://xwinman.org/ctwm.php
(in "Window Managers for X")
Includes links to 14+ year old sites with .ctwmrc and screenshots. All the links
still work because they are part of xwinman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CTWM  (will need some addresses changed)

http://www.math.toronto.edu/cms/ctwm-man-page/
    Nicely formatted man page at
    Department of Mathematics, University of Toronto

http://www.reivax.org/projets/cts/
    CTWM Themes System (CTS)

My own (very limited) sample, including links to Johan Vroman's samples:
    http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~axs/laptop/ctwm

(I need to tidy up and improve comments in my configuration file.)

There are probably many more.

Thanks.

Aaron