Daniel Stenberg wrote:
On Mon, 3 Oct 2011, Rich Gray wrote:

"Before version 7.20.0: If you receive CURLM_CALL_MULTI_PERFORM, this basically means that you should call curl_multi_perform again, before you select() on more actions.
I'm trying to figure out what this really means.

If you use a recent libcurl I think you should ignore the entire paragraph! It is basically trying to describe how to act when CURLM_CALL_MULTI_PERFORM is returned, and that return code is never used in modern libcurl versions.
Ah, I hadn't picked up that it was an obsolete return code. I'll try to come up with some text for the man page and any other spots. For today, I need to get the multi code working. ;) I've already coded a simple test using the easy interface.
For program timing, my select() timevals are always a second or less. So, if I can guarantee that 'perform will be called at least once a second, do I need to even mess with getting the timeout value from libcurl?

No, then you'll be fine! Unless of course if you for some reason aim for sub-second resolution on timouts set to libcurl, but I think you figured that out already! =)
Nah, my timeouts will probably be on the order of 10s of seconds, probably 60 or so (enough to allow TCP a retry.) I'll keep the UDP processing comments in mind, but I don't think they apply for this use.

Cheers!
Rich