On Sat, 19 Jan 2013, Tim Bannister wrote:

I welcome this improvement but I agree with Dan Fandrich that it would be more useful if implemented as a callback. My use cases for request trailers involve signing operations on the message body where it's expensive to buffer the whole request before starting to send the body… especially as parsing the trailer would be optional.

I too agree with the idea of having this as a callback instead to allow applications to provide the data during or even post transfer. Seems to match the protocol idea better!

--

 / daniel.haxx.se