On Sun, 10 Mar 2013, cnm marketing wrote:

I'll appreciate it very much if anyone in the team can resolve this issue.
I believe it is a bug in libcurl:

Here are the information:

Platform: 64bit Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.1
libcurl version: curl 7.19.7 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.19.7 NSS/
3.12.9.0 zlib/1.2.3 libidn/1.18 libssh2/1.2.2

We've done 591 documented bug fixes since 7.19.7. We will appreciate if you retry your case with a modern libcurl version to see if we've already fixed your issue or not.

1. we dynamically load libcurl routines by using dlopen() and dlsym(), see
code below

Why are you doing that? It is a great recipe for pain and suffering...

2. we call a set of libcurl routines, setopt CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER and
CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST to 0L
3. it fails with "Problem with the SSL CA cert (path? access rights?)"
after the 1st call to httpPostData() routine (see code below).

What return code is that? CURLE_SSL_CACERT?

4. We don't/cannot use curl_global_init() because our code is thread-safe,
and it crashes if we use this routine.

Eeeek. This is an sign of badness. If you don't call curl_global_init(), libcurl will call it by itself automatically so there's no way to avoid having it called!

--

 / daniel.haxx.se