From: Daniel Stenberg
On Thu, 24 Oct 2013, Myria wrote:

I'm just thinking of the ways the Windows support could be modernized. =^-^=

I'd like to fix up the curl library to support building curl/libcurl for

Just keep in mind that there are multiple windows (build) environments and that we keep support for oldish Windows versions as well.

I saw the #ifdef maze in config-win32.h and had no intention of breaking anything that was supported there. However, I was worried somewhat because it looked like there were multiple ways to target Windows - CMake looked like it used some other mechanism than config-win32.h, for example.

What's the difference between the lib\Makefile.vc10 and winbuild\Makefile.vc10?

What would you recommend regarding the gmtime_r versus gmtime_s issue? Under Visual Studio, gmtime_s can be used to implement gmtime_r, but not, say, MinGW unless you're on Windows Vista or later due to the msvcrt.dll version. Should I just implement gmtime_r in Windows myself, using Win32's FileTimeToSystemTime and a bit of arithmetic? This would work on all compilers.

Melissa