Hey,

I was prompted by a recent PR [1] to once again revisit this idea: I want to remove the nmake build files for Windows (all the files named Makefile.vc[number]). I want to have windows users wanting to build curl on the command line to use the setup in the winbuild/ directory.

This in an attempt to streamline, simplify and unify efforts.

This is mostly informational at this point. I need your help in updating docs and removing references to the old stuff and only refer to the winbuild files.

Of course, in the case they are lacking anything, we should also polish them to become better.

Thanks!

[1] = https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/946

--

 / daniel.haxx.se