Hi,

I am back to repackaging libcurl - and seems I missed 7.50.3 by a day, so starting all over and looking at different things. FYI: I got started because git stopped working - and I am guessing it was because the last curl I built was not being strict enough with SSL.

So, this time I watched a bit more closely re: SSL - my comment is: shouldn't SSLv2 just be removed regardless if OpenSSL is (still) supporting it?

root@x064:[/data/prj/aixtools/curl-7.50.3]grep SSL .buildaix/conf*
checking whether to enable Windows native SSL/TLS (Windows native builds only)... no
checking whether to enable iOS/Mac OS X native SSL/TLS... no
checking OpenSSL linking without -ldl... yes
checking for SSL_connect in -lssl... yes
checking for SSL_get_shutdown... yes
checking for SSLv2_client_method... yes
checking for BoringSSL... no
checking for OpenSSL headers version... 1.0.1 - 0x1000105fL
checking for OpenSSL library version... 1.0.1
checking for OpenSSL headers and library versions matching... yes
checking whether to use builtin CA store of SSL library... no
  SSL support:      enabled (OpenSSL)

Next question: how can I disable it in my packaging (note: would rather not load another package, e.g. gnutls to accomplish this - but maybe "curl" forces me.

re: mk_ca_bundle - great thing, but can go unnoticed as make install does not pick it up, and when the src is in, e.g. ../src/curl-7.50.3 "somewhere" it does not show up in the "build" area either. (FYI)

And, maybe - if --with-ca-bundle=... is specified, but not found - you could just run mk_ca_bundle to make it?!

And, finally - thanks for curl!

p.s. I will wait for answers before I finish up the the "release", needs some other manual tweaking as well to be released in dual (32-bit and 64-bit libcurl) support.

Michael