On Tue, 18 Oct 2016, Zhao, Joe wrote:

- The function call has successfully passed if getting a file from an external linux box to my linux box

- The function call has failed with the error code (79) if getting a file from window PC to my linux box

79 is CURLE_SSH, so I assume you're attempting SFTP transfers? I assume those two machines run different servers? It sounds just like libssh2 (which handles the SSH level bits for curl) has problems with one of them.

The general advice is also to enable CURLOPT_VERBOSE and see if that helps you get any additional clues as to what goes wrong.

Is this issue reported before? If so, is it being fixed in the newer version of the curl library?

It's hard to say. I'd say its worth trying the latest version anyway as if it isn't fixed there, that's a much better point to start debugging in order to fix... But as I said, this may also just be a libssh2 issue.

 / daniel.haxx.se
List admin: https://cool.haxx.se/list/listinfo/curl-library