On Sun, 6 Aug 2017, Reino Wijnsma wrote:

   generic_configure "--without-ssl --with-gnutls --without-ca-bundle
--with-ca-fallback"

--without-ssl --with-gnutls are the only two necessary configure options to make the build pick GnuTLS.

The rest of your problems seem to be mingw/windows specific and I'm not the right person to help out with those.

Is it possible at all to compile libcurl using statically built dependencies?

Sure, lots of poeple do that (and I too at times). When providing static dependencies you usually have to help out configure much more and specify what to link with, as it can't always figure that out. But again, mingw/windows is not an environment I done much work in so I can't help with such specifics.