On Mon, 12 Feb 2018, Biju N wrote:

Looking at the strace when it is run on a bare metal and a VM there is a difference in the file read/send buffer size. On bare metal it uses 16 KB and on VM it uses 8KB even though CURLOPT_BUFFERSIZE is not set explicitly. Process on bare metal seems to use the expected default of 16 KB and on VM it seems to be using a calculated optimal value. Is this the expected behavior?

No, that's not expected. libcurl uses the same fixed buffer size for all platforms and builds - unless the application changes it.

When I straced the curl tool just now to check how it looks, I could see it use a 100KB buffer in the recvfrom() call.