From: curl-library [curl-library-boun...@cool.haxx.se] on behalf of Nakarin
Kamkheaw [nakarin.kamkh...@grandstream.com]
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2018 11:42 AM
To: libcurl development
Subject: Re: Use cases of curl in embedded systems hardware

Basically, any device that download something from somewhere can use cURL. Ex.
To install Alexa in my Raspberry Pi, I would need HTTP2 which I use cURL for
that.

On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 3:14 PM Sharif, Hashim
<hshar...@illinois.edu<mailto:hshar...@illinois.edu>> wrote:

>> There are a number of embedded applications of curl. It's even found in
>> some BIOSes. Your question is why is curl any good? You should address a
>> few small problems for yourself to see why. It's a compact library with
>> good number of features and it just works. It's been around for two
>> decades and is a tried and tested library.

Thanks for your response! I am certainly not doubting the usability of curl,
but trying to understand specific use cases in the embedded space since we need
to cite references to use cases (as part of our work). Since you mentioned it
can be found in some BIOSes, can you mention certain embedded hardware
(boards/microcontrollers) that use curl as part of their BIOS?

-Hashim