On Wed, 11 Apr 2018, Stephan Mühlstrasser wrote:

The easiest way to get a working library on EBCDIC again would be to conditionally compile the old macros that were used before the introduction of curl_ctype.c, as you also mentioned in one comment in pull request #2269.

This worked well for us before. Would that be an acceptable solution?

If that's fine by you, it's fine by me! =)

You're the one running and using this setup so your advice and recommended path forward will carry a lot of weight. I figure restoring functionality should be prio one.

I felt a need to "fix" the ctype stuff for curl when I ran into troubles with isalnum() being locale-dependent. Described here:

 https://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2018/01/30/isalnum-is-not-my-friend/