Hello Everybody,

I'm new to libcurl and I implemented a FTP client in C++ using the easy interface under windows. My needed functionality (get, put, rm, ...) are so far fine - thanks a lot to everybody for the code and doc. But I've two requirements that I'm not sure I can implement with the easy interface, that are:

1) Getting informed, when the FTP server closes the connection in a async way (without a FTP request) - as it would do afetr a while when sending no request
2) Using keep alive messages to prevent from disconnecting

1) Here I've no idea how to achive this with the easy interface as I doesn't see a callback that I can register for that purpose. I tried a bit with CURLOPT_CLOSESOCKETFUNCTION, but wasn't successful.
2) I'v implemented

    // enable TCP keep-alive for this transfer
    int sec = 60;
    curl_easy_setopt(mCurl, CURLOPT_TCP_KEEPALIVE, 1L);
curl_easy_setopt(mCurl, CURLOPT_TCP_KEEPINTVL, static_cast<long >(sec));
    // initial delay for first keep alive
    curl_easy_setopt(mCurl, CURLOPT_TCP_KEEPIDLE,1L);

, but as I understand libcurl with the easy interface has no own thread. So I'm a bit confused how keepidle works.

Any help to support me to implement my two points is very welcome

Thanks a lot
Alex