On Wed, 16 May 2018, Zach van Rijn wrote:

So conclusively, the file on the website should be left intact.

The best conclusions are the ones that end up with us doing nothing! =B)

I don't know how complicated this feature is to implement for other TLS backends than openssl (and its siblings boringssl/libressl).

From what I gather, mbedTLS should be straightforward but I've not looked at the others as I'm only using mbedTLS currently.

Anyone else want to help with this? I think it would be nice to see this come to fruition.

We have pretty good support for providing features in only a subset of the TLS backends (and having the others for example get an error when trying to use it) so getting OpenSSL and mbedTLS done would be an excellent start!