Deven wrote:

This makes testing really difficult, unless you know the internals of libcurl. And if the return codes change across releases, then handling errors (to provide error feedback to the user) across different libcurl versions becomes impossible.

I cannot help you with this problem. But if
you want a full list of 'CURLE_x' and 'CURLOPT_x' values
a priori or within your program, I've cooked up this
GNU-makefile that generates such a list:
  https://gist.github.com/gvanem/4290a4c74ac75983928502303cb4c0c2

Tested on Windows using MinGW and MSVC only. I'd
be interested to hear if this mk-opt-err-list.mak
works on non-Windows too.

--
--gv