On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 3:55 PM Kamil Dudka <kdu...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Monday, May 20, 2019 12:15:32 PM CEST surya chandrika wrote:
> > On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 5:49 PM Kamil Dudka <kdu...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > > Why do not you use the %configure macro as in the mentioned spec file?
> > > It should take care of setting all the prefixes.

> > > *Gnutls*,

> > > You should have `BuildRequires: openssl-devel` in the spec file to make
> > > sure
> > > that the build environment of OpenSSL is available while running the
> > > build.
> >
> > I added BuildRequires: openssl-devel` this but then also after installing
> > rpm its using gnutls.
>
> `BuildRequires: openssl-devel` just makes rpmbuild check whether
> openssl-devel
> is installed _before_ the build starts.  It does not affect the build
> itself.
>
> > According to
> > https://curl.haxx.se/docs/install.html
> > It should auto take openssl if nothing is specified. "If you have OpenSSL
> > installed in the default search path for your compiler/linker, you don't
> > need to do anything special".
> > I have installed openssl and openssl-devel via yum install, so it should
> be
> > in default paths.
> >
> > Note: Am generating rpm in one host and installing rpm in another host.
> Is
> > there any thing else that i need to make sure so that its takes openssl
> > instead of gnutls.
>
> You need to check output of the `configure` script and possibly config.log
> figure out why openssl is not used.
>
> It is also possible that you have successfully built curl against openssl
> but
> then you use a different curl executable or libcurl library than the ones
> that
> you have built.
>
> After installing rpm when i check ssl-backends it says *openssl* (which
is expected), but when i check curl --version it shows *GnuTLS/3.3.29*
Could you please let me know why it shows different,

  --ssl-backends output the SSL backends libcurl was built to support

/usr/share/applications/curl/bin
-sh-4.2$ ls
curl  curl-config
-sh-4.2$ curl-config --version
libcurl 7.64.0
*-sh-4.2$ curl-config --ssl-backends*
*OpenSSL*

*-sh-4.2$ curl --version*
curl 7.64.0 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.64.0 *GnuTLS/3.3.29 *zlib/1.2.7
Release-Date: 2019-02-06