Hey team,

I have PR #3803 [1] queued up that I'm looking for some thumbs up or down on.

The problem it addresses:

 A user sets CUSTOMREQUEST to a string and enables FOLLOWLOCATION. When
 libcurl follows a redirect, it will use the CUSTOMREQUEST even in the
 susequent followed-to URL which in some/many cases is not what the user
 want and is not really what the HTTP response code says either. This is
 occasionally also seen when users superfluously use -X on curl command
 lines...

The proposed change:

 The PR introduces a new bit for the CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION option that if
 set, will make libcurl *NOT* use the custom method string when it follows a
 redirect when the HTTP response code says so.

To ponder about:

 1. Is it worth the added complexity with yet another knob?

 2. This doesn't solve the -X issue since we don't want to break the existing
    functionality where users want the current behavior. Should we add a -X
    alternative for this?

Thoughts?

[1] = https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/3803

--

 / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me