On Sun, 6 Oct 2019, Patrick Monnerat via curl-library wrote:

we already have a similar function: it is named inetsocketpair() and is located at lib/vtls/gskit.c line 526 (see comment before this line). In addition, inetsocketpair() checks for security that no other process connects to our listening socket.

Maybe we should unify both works ?

Oh wow. Thanks for bringing this up, I didn't realize. Yes, it looks like we should unify since these two functions are clearly very similar and can probably be made almost if not exactly identical.

--

 / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me