On Wed, 9 Oct 2019, Zakrzewski, Jakub via curl-library wrote:

this is just a pass/fail of the "abort" verb, no? I guess it's not that new codes cost much, but does it buy anything?

But even then curl_easy_abort(...) must return something that is not CURLE_OK. Since other codes do not seem appropriate, it needs a new one IMHO.

Yes, that's pretty much exactly my thought process how I ended up with two new return codes: none of existing ones seemed to fit very well and then rather than trying hard to retrofit existing ones onto this case: introduce new.

I've tried to write down the idea and concept in the wiki and I've adapted according to feedback. It is available here:

  https://github.com/curl/curl/wiki/curl_easy_abort

--

 / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me