On 1/2/2020 9:56 AM, Christoph M. Becker via curl-library wrote:
I've noticed that curl_getenv() uses getenv() on Windows[1].  However,
environment variables set with SetEnvironmentVariable() are not seen by
getenv() (although GetEnvironmentVariable() sees changes done by
putenv()), and since SetEnvironmentVariable() is preferable to putenv()
because the former is thread-safe, this can be an issue.  At least it
affects thread-safe PHP builds[2].

Is there anything that prevents libcurl to use GetEnvironmentVariable()
instead of getenv()?

[1]
<https://github.com/curl/curl/blob/b7d1264647eade0dae9f40cd3987071e557753ae/lib/getenv.c#L39>
[2]<https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=79051>

Confirmed. I've opened an issue [1] for further discussion.

[1]: https://github.com/curl/curl/issues/4774