On Sun, 16 May 2021, igorr+curl--- via curl-library wrote:

Am I missing something here?

If not, imvho, the "fix" in this particular case is somewhat involved -- for every OCSP_CERTID (#1) available in the stapled response, curl should construct its own OCSP_CERTID (#2) corresponding to the peer certificate based on the hash of #1 and use OCSP_resp_find_status() to locate the OCSP_CERTID in the response. And only after trying all of OCSP_CERTIDs in this fashion unsuccessfully should one reply with:

I'm not really updated with how OCSP stapling should be implemented so I'll just take your word for that this is a sound way to do it.

--

 / daniel.haxx.se