On Mon, 12 Jul 2021, Wu Yuanshou via curl-library wrote:

Shall I call curl_easy_setopt() during curl_easy_perform() ? It seems like we should not do this according to the document I can find.Instead , I shall quit from the curl_easy_perform() function , apply the setting via curl_easy_setopt() and call curl_easy_perform() again.

Correct, that's the way the documentation encourages and that we guarantee.

There are a few options that users often rather want to modify at run-time, like sometimes CURLOPT_MAX_RECV_SPEED_LARGE, and while there's no guarantee in the docs or code, this typically works fine.

I would like us to at some point explictly mark and document which options that are fine to update during a transfer.

--

 / daniel.haxx.se